Thursday, December 2, 2010

Final Days!!

12.2.10

Well,

I took my third and final trip to the Line Pine Koala Sanctuary on Tuesday with my parents. It was sad that this would be the last time I got to see all the Australian animals I have come to love. I held a koala again. I now have pictures of me holding a koala from within the first couple weeks in Australia, the halfway point, and the last few days. The weather cooperated and was very nice. We spent about 5 hours there. We started the day by seeing a sheep herding and shearing show. It was interesting. Then we walked around and took tons more photos. I am sad that I won’t be able to see koalas, kangaroos, emus, platypuses, or wombats whenever. Once we finished up there, we headed to Indooroopilly so I could show my parents where I have been shopping and seeing movies. We also had a late lunch of kebabs. After that we headed back to the hotel to reorganize the suitcases and pack them as effectively as possible. This took most of the night. We did get hungry and ran to Pie Face again since they were one of the few places still open.

Wednesday was our catch-up day and my last full day in Australia. First, we went up to Mt. Coot-tha. It was cloudy and rainy. When we arrived we could see the city and within ten minutes, there was a cloud that engulfed the city. It was neat. But, the rain continued for the rest of the day. When we were done there, we headed to Park Road to see the mini Eiffel tower. Then we went to get lunch at La Porchetta in the Vil. I had pesto gnocchi. On our way back to the city we stopped to Toowong. Again, this was only to show my parents where I went on a regular basis. Once we returned to the city, we finished our souvenir shopping. Then we had to finish packing. For dinner, I wanted to go to Mick O’Malley’s Irish Pub. We all had a steak and I had my last glass of Tooheys Old since I don’t know if I can get it in the states. After dinner, we stopped at Copenhagen for ice cream. Then we returned to the room to finish packing.

We woke up at 6:30am on Thursday. We had breakfast at the subway next door to the hotel. Then we collected all of our baggage and headed to the airport. The flight to LAX was 12 hours long and left at noon on Thursday. Then we had to go through customs and security during our 5 hour layover. Our flight to DIA was about 2 and a half hours and left at noon still on Thursday. We arrived at about 3:30pm, local time, in Denver. My sister picked us up and we headed home.

No comments:

Post a Comment