Saturday, July 24, 2010

Checkin' out Brisbane

7.24.10

Well,

Classes are slowly approaching. This is my last weekend before the semester starts. With my last few days, I got to check out the city a bit more. There is a large walking mall similar to 16th street mall but without a mall ride and much bigger with a couple indoor malls as well. I am starting to learn the bus system but am nowhere close to mastering it. I am feeling more and more comfortable exploring and not needing to keep track of where the bus stop is that I need to be at. I have also used the City Cat which is basically a water bus. Since the river runs from campus to the city and to suburbs, it is a fun way to get back and forth.

The other night I went to the RE and got my first drink. I also checked out the bar scene in Fortitude Valley and have decided that I am not a fan of the bars, so I doubt I will be going out on the town very much, if ever.

On Friday, the DU gals and I headed to the Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary. This by far has been the best thing I have done since I got here. This place was like a zoo. There were birds, snakes, reptiles, wombats, kangaroos, emus, and of course Koalas. I took over 280 pictures and like 5 videos. The ones that aren’t blurry or anything will be posted on Facebook. While there I got to feed emus and kangaroos, and hold a koala. I just had a blast while I was there; it was absolutely fantastic.

1 comment:

  1. I like the orange-ness of your blog, very Australian!

    ReplyDelete