Sunday, September 5, 2010

Riverfire!

9.5.10

Well,

Once again, I had a fairly uneventful week. However, I forgot to mention in my last blog that I went and saw Scott Pilgrim vs. The World. The movie was fairly entertaining, but not the best movie I have ever seen.

Now, to this week. I spent the majority of my free time working on my MBRS write-up that was due Thursday. Then since then I have been working on my paper for the History of the Supernatural. I decided to compare/contrast how the Archangel Gabriel is portrayed in Legion and Constantine. That has been my irregular school activity.

This weekend was the start of the Brisbane Festival. This meant Riverfire. Riverfire is basically a fireworks show off of the Brisbane River. There were thousands of people sitting and standing by the river waiting for the show. The show was about 25 minutes. It started with a sweet flyover by a jet that had like super after burn. Then there were fireworks being shot from the river, from tops of buildings, fountains, and , for lack of a better term, a waterfall of fire from underneath one of the bridges. It was cool that they had the show being fired at intervals along the river so that everyone saw the same show, no matter where you were standing. Overall, I was not too impressed with the display, except for the flyover. I would have to say the 3rd of July fireworks display in Edgewater, CO is definitely a better show than the “Third Largest Fireworks Display in Brisbane” that I saw Saturday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment